Last updated: June 10, 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Country refers to: Florida, United States
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Apex Metal Buildings LLC, 120 Northeast Conner St. Live Oak, FL 32064.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred as “Terms”) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service. This Terms and Conditions agreement has been created with the help of the Terms and Conditions Generator.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- Website refers to Apex Metal Buildings Systems, accessible from apex-mbs.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Introduction and contents
We are strongly committed to keeping your personal data safe. This commitment exists throughout the lifecycle of your personal data, from the design of any Apex Metal Buildings service which uses personal data to the deletion of that data.
To compliment our global approach to privacy protection, this policy also incorporates specific information privacy rights granted to individuals under Californian privacy law. We think carefully about our use of personal data, and below you can find the details of what we do to protect your privacy. This policy covers, among other topics:
- Information about your rights, the choices available to you, and our obligations in the European Union, in California, and elsewhere
- Transparency about how we collect and use your personal data, including when and how it is shared
- Information on how we protect your personal data
- Information on how we will facilitate your rights and respond to your questions
Find out more about how we manage your personal data below:
Personal data is any information about you by which you can be identified or be identifiable. This can include information such as:
your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, financial details, such as payment cards you use to purchase products, subscriptions information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based) information relating to how you use and interact with our sites, apps and services.
Who we are and how to contact us
Apex Metal Building Systems, 120 Northeast Conner St. Live Oak, FL 32064 is the data controller in respect of your personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us directly, you can find our contact details in the “How to contact us” section below.
The types of personal data we collect about you
We collect your personal data when you visit our websites and apps, subscribe for products or services, contribute to the Apex Metal Buildings or when you interact with us. We will only collect your personal data in line with applicable laws. We collect your personal data in various ways:
directly from you, when you sign up for our services and when you browse our sites or use our apps
personal data we generate about you, e.g. personal data we use to authenticate you, or personal data in the form of your IP address or your preferences
personal data we collect from third parties, e.g. personal data that helps us to combat fraud or which we collect, with your permission, when you interact with your social media accounts
More detail about these three categories of personal data are provided below. The personal data we collect when you register for a Apex Metal Buildings account
When you register for a Apex Metal Buildings account on apex-mbs.com, we collect:
- your name
- your email address
- other details such as your residential or billing address when you sign up for membership or a subscription
- some limited data from your social media profile (further information on this is below), if you have signed in to theApex Metal Buildings.com using your social media details
- your photograph, if you add one to your profile page
Personal data we generate about you
When you register for a Apex Metal Buildings account, we assign you a unique ID number that we use to recognise you when you are signed in to our services. This will recognise you if you sign in using the same account on a new device or through a different application such as the Apex Metal Buildings app on mobile devices.
- your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device, together with the country, region or city where you are based
- your geolocation data – your IP address can be used to find information about the latitude, longitude, altitude of your device, its direction of travel, your GPS data and data about connection with local Wi-Fi equipment
- information on how you interact with our services
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our sites, including how you were referred to our sites via other websites
- details of your computer, mobile, TV, tablet or other devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique vendor or advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
When you use our apps
The Apex Metal Buildings apps use personal data based on the content you have viewed. Information on bugs and crashes is also sent to us when you use our apps.
Using your social media details to sign into your Apex Metal Buildings account
When you sign in to our sites or apps using your Facebook login details, you give permission to Facebook to share with us your email address and certain aspects of your Facebook profile if you have made these public on your Facebook profile. This only includes your first and last name, age range, link to your Facebook profile and profile picture. We do not have access to updates on your Facebook profile. If you use your Google login details, you give Google permission to share the personal data that you have made public in your Google profile. This only includes your first and last name, your email address and whether your email address has been validated, your age range, a link to your Google profile and, if you have one, your profile picture. If you register or sign in with your Apple ID, you give Apple permission to share your personal data with us. You can also choose to hide your email and Apple will create a random email address so your personal email can stay private. This email address will be linked to your Apex Metal Buildings profile and will be used to retrieve your subscribed content.
We will then use this personal data to form a profile for your Apex Metal Buildings account. If you remove the Apex Metal Buildings app from your Facebook settings, or from your Google settings, or your Apple ID, we will no longer have access to this data. However, we will still have the personal data that we received when you first set up your Apex Metal Buildings account using your Facebook, Google login, or Apple ID.
Personal data when you post comments about the Apex Metal Buildings on other social media sites
If you have mentioned the Apex Metal Buildings in posts on social media sites, then we may collect your social media handles. For example, when you mention the Apex Metal Buildings in a tweet, we may collect your Twitter handle.
When you post publicly (comments) on our sites
When you post on a discussion board or comment publicly on an article on one of our sites, the personal data you post, including your username and other information about yourself, are publicly accessible. This personal data can be viewed online and collected by other people. We are not responsible for the way these other people use this personal data. When contributing to a discussion, we strongly recommend you avoid sharing any personal details, including information that can be used to identify you directly such as your name, age, address and name of employer. We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our online community or other public pages of the site.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you become a supporter or register for an account on apex-mbs.com
We also collect data when you:
- purchase any other products/services
- attend our events
- enter our competitions and surveys
- sign up for our editorial emails
- post in our online community
- sign up for marketing communications
- use mobile devices to access our content
- access and interact with any of our sites and app
- through cookies and other similar technology
- when you contact us via email, social media, our apps or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media
How we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites and apps only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected your personal data.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
The legal ground may be one of the following:
Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or through your email preferences in the “emails and marketing” tab, when signed into your Apex Metal Buildings account.
Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a metal building project from us and we need to use your contact details and payment data in order to process your order and deliver your subscription.
For example, we look at what you have viewed on our sites and apps and what products and services you have bought (including what you have looked at and what products or services you have bought on our other platforms.
When you sign up to our services we may add to the personal data you give us by combining it with other personal data shared with us by other trusted organisations. This includes, for example, the region that you are located in, so that we can show you the prices for products in your local currency. We may also add personal data to improve the accuracy of your delivery address when we send out mail. We may also obtain your personal data from partners whose offers we include in some of our marketing communications and we use this personal data to ensure that we do not send you irrelevant marketing.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our sites or apps. You should keep this password confidential and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us. Unfortunately, sending any information, including personal data, via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
When we share or sell your personal data
Depending on where you live, we may share your personal data within the Apex Metal Buildings group of companies in the US. We may share it in order to perform a contract with you, for administrative purposes, or when we have a legitimate interest in doing so. For example:
We share your personal data with other organisations that are not directly linked to us under the following circumstances:
Service providers – We may share your data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf. We may do this to perform a contract we have entered into with you, where it is in our legitimate interests or with your consent. Examples of when we may share your data with service providers include sharing with:
- online payments processors who process credit and debit card transactions on our behalf
- fraud management providers that help us to identify and prevent online fraud
- internet and cloud hosting services providers, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- software service providers such as HubSpot that assist us with our customer relationship management
- error tracking software providers, such as Google Firebase, to help us diagnose and fix errors and optimise the performance of our website and apps
- service providers that help us carry out analytics, facilitate audience creation and segmentation and to measure our audience engagement. For example, Google Analytics provides us with data management platform services
- service providers that help provide us with insights and analytics that help us to improve our products and services. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how visitors engage with our sites or apps . If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the ‘Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On’, provided by Google
- data management companies, such as Formstack, that help us collect data via online forms and surveys
- Agencies and authorities if required by law – We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or in connection with any legal action if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, where the request is proportionate, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else (for example, in response to valid and properly served legal process such as subpoena or warrant). We will attempt to notify you prior to disclosing your data unless (i) prohibited by applicable law from doing so, or (ii) there are clear indications of unlawful conduct in connection with your use of GNM services.
- Social media organisations – We may share your personal data with other organisations when our web pages use social plug-ins from these organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function, Twitter’s retweet function). These other organisations may receive and use personal data about your visit to our sites or apps. If you browse our site or view content on our apps, personal data they collect may be connected to your account on their site.
Any organisations which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and keep to all data privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
From time to time we may send you service emails.
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new Apex Metal Buildings offers and updates. Depending on your marketing preferences, this may be by email, phone, SMS or post.
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email or through your email preferences in the tab “emails and marketing” when you are signed in to your Apex Metal Buildings account.
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a survey. You can opt out from being contacted in this way by signing into your Apex Metal Buildings account and going to the tab “emails and marketing”.
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit our sites or when you use our apps, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technologies. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
Your privacy and data protection rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You have a number of rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you and you can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Apex Metal Building Systems, 120 Northeast Conner St. Live Oak, FL 32064 or email email@example.com
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Team, and will be responded to within 30 days.